Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Some of My Favorite Photography Quotes

Hey guys,  I just thought that today I would share with you some quotes about photography (and a few other things) that I like.  P.S, I'm a quote person so this might a long list.

You don't take a photograph.  You ask, quietly, to borrow it.  ~Author Unknown          


No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.  ~Robert Adams, Darkroom & Creative Camera Techniques, May 1995


It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours.  ~James Lalropui Keivom


The camera can photograph thought.  ~Dirk Bogarde


There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.  ~Ansel Adams


When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.  When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.  ~Ansel Adams


Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer.  It makes you a Nikon owner.  ~Author Unknown


Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.  ~Author Unknown


One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.  ~Author Unknown


Here are just some general quotes that I like:


Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss 


You can't make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time. ~ Bob Moawad 


Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.  ~Pablo Picasso


Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.  ~Pablo Picasso


Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.  ~André Gide






All quotes are copied from here, I liked them all before but that's where they are if you want to find more like them. 




Blogger Templates

1 comment:

  1. Some of those are really good! I think one of my faves is "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
    I also like the one about buying a Nikon. It's so true! ;)

    ReplyDelete